The lovely Shanah (The Bionic Bookworm) nominated me for the Liesbter Award. I love reading other peoples answers so I’m super excited to be taking part in it. Thanks for the nomination Shanah!
- Answer the 11 questions that you’ve been asked
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Let them know you’ve nominated them!
- If you and a best friend could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
It used to be Berlin and Warsaw but I’ve ticked those off my bucket list, so now its Hong Kong. I’ve always wanted to visit Hong Kong. I used to live and work in China, but I only had a single entry Visa and unfortunately, it didn’t allow me to enter Hong Kong ☹ But fear not… we’re due to visit Hong Kong later this year as part of our honeymoon and I can’t wait!
- Choose any character to be your best friend – who is it and why?
Lisbeth Salander from the Millennium Trilogy series. Until you really get to know her, she comes across as a really awkward and shy person. But she’s actually a real bad-ass who can hack even the most complex systems. So, it would be pretty cool to be friends with her.
- What book world/setting would you like to live in or visit?
This has to be Hogwarts, right!?
- What book impacted you the most? Either in a though provoking, emotional, happy, etc, way.
Faces in the Smoke by Josef Perl. My dad is a history geek and I learnt about the Holocaust from him at an early age (probably too early actually. I’m surprised it didn’t give me nightmares). During school, Josef Pearl came to visit us as part of their history lessons and gave us a copy of his book. I was so excited about meeting a Holocaust survivor but he thought I was a bit weird for knowing so much about it at a young age. I’ll never forget the look on Josef Perl’s face when he was telling us about it. It was haunting yet triumphant at the same time. I actually went on to study the Holocaust at University.
- If you had one extra day in a week that nobody knew about, what would you do with it?
I’d love to say I’d be super productive, but it would probably go something like this – Take my dog for a long walk in the countryside, come home and make a really nice home cooked dinner and then read a book. That’s about it.
- If you could have your own personal library that you could decorate ANY way you wanted (money is not a factor!) what would it look like and what would it HAVE to include (besides books of course!) –
This! Which I’d never be able to afford but I can dream…
- If you could donate $1000 to any charity, which would you choose?
The Alzheimer’s Society. My Gran has severe Alzheimer’s and it’s heart-breaking. It’s also hereditary so there’s a chance I might need to see my Dad go through it as well. It’s really underfunded considering it impacts so many people. I already donate to them on a monthly basis because it’s such an important charity to me.
- Pets – do you have any? If you could have any pet which would you choose?
Yes! I have a Jack Russell Terrier called Gus (Burton Guster actually, but Gus for short… if you’re a Psych fan you’ll know). He’s so cute! He’s actually been offered a few modelling contracts (yeah, I didn’t know that was a thing either) through Instagram because I’m constantly posting cute pictures of him.
- Favourite flavour of ice cream?
- What is your Hogwarts house?
When Pottermore first came out I was SO excited…. But then the Sorting Hat put me in Slytherin… which dampened my spirit a little bit.
- If you could have any superpower, what would you choose?
I’ve always wanted to be able to speak any language in the world. As superpowers go, it’s fairly boring but I think it would be amazing.
- When and why did you start blogging?
- What is your favourite thing about yourself?
- What is your favourite bookish quote?
- If there was a movie about your life, who would you cast as you?
- What was your idea of a dream job when you were younger?
- Name one fictional character that you hate
- What is your favourite movie?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years’ time?
- If you could do one thing to change the world, what would it be?
- What is your greatest accomplishment to date?
- What book changed your outlook on life?
I’ve include some people who have already been nominated because I’m interested to see your answers but please don’t feel like you need do it 🙂